Computer, Gadgets, Humor, et cetera

Daily Clicks

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Firefox 2.0 Beta 1 Released

The First beta version of Firefox 2.0 was released today. Firefox has been around for quite awhile and I've been a regular user of it since I first installed it back when it was called Firebird. Firebird however is the name of some free database software so that of course would not do. Just like their first name for the browser, Phoenix, had to be changed because of the BIOS manufacturer of the same name. I do not rely on Firefox on my Mac. I only use it on every PC I use usually in a portable version on my USB Stick.

The new version sports a spell checker as well as a phishing filter. That should help out with blog posts and the like so now we won't see so many misspelled words. I've had some problems downloading it, maybe it's just me but I bet their servers are a bit overloaded. You're best bet is to grab it from the FTP server with something like Transmit or Filezilla.

Get it here. RC3 is the current now.



Technorati Tags: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home