Computer, Gadgets, Humor, et cetera

Daily Clicks

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

iPod to get speech capability

The Scotsman is reporting that some exciting new features are coming to the iPod. They are saying that the new iPod will have speech recognition so you will be able to speak a name of an artist, song title, and the like to the iPod and it will play them for you. They also say:
The new iPod will tell you what it is about to play, removing the need for users to look at the screen while selecting music, and making the device safer and easier to use while driving, cycling or in badly-lit locations.

I'm not so sure I want the iPod talking to me everytime a new song comes on. Not that it matters anyway, I'm not so sure I actually believe this story. They say their source is a patent filed by Apple Computer that states:
"A user will have difficulty navigating the interface in 'eyes-busy' situations.

"Such activities include, for example, driving an automobile, exercising and crossing the street."

Only time will tell I guess.


Tagged with , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home